Colocation for Houston
We deliver data center experiences that are without defect, timely, and enjoyable to work with and be in. We build the best data center experiences and we’re never going to stop.
Our amazing infrastructure is just the beginning.
The Uptime Institute says 70% of outages are due to human error, so why do datacenters only focus on the 30% that is the actual infrastructure? Great infrastructure should be a given, it’s the other 70% that we have focused on: our people.
To ensure the consistency of our services we built our own datacenter technician training program to ensure we staff exclusively with qualified technicians. We also created our own 24 points of service model to ensure a consistently valuable experience from day one.
Hurricane Force Winds
According to the NOAA Inland Wind Model, in the worst-case scenario category 5 hurricane our datacenter would receive wind speeds of 110-127mph. TRG is built to withstand a wind load ratio of 185mph, far meeting and exceeding our theoretical maximum.
70% of roof damage following a hurricane is due to loose HVAC equipment rolling across the membrane that can cause many small holes. TRG has zero rooftop equipment, meaning no possibility of rooftop damage. This is complemented by our state-of-the-art 4-inch thick sloping roof with fully redundant leak protection.
– TRG has our Infinifuel program to continue the supply of our generators for an unlimited number of hours for the duration of any outage.
This is the wind speed model for the worst case scenario; a category 5 hurricane at a forward motion of 24 knots otherwise known as “The Big One,” which has yet to happen.
Torrential Rain / Flooding
TRG is 65 miles inland from the coast, lies outside of the 500 year floodplain and is 4 ft above grade. We also pride ourselves on our state-of-the-art 4-inch thick sloping roof with fully redundant leak protection.
Construction (Cable Cuts)
Multiple isolated entries for fiber and power.
We design to run for an unlimited number of hours for the duration of any outage on the hottest and coldest day of the year even under a fault condition while fully loaded.
Our Spring, TX location is not near any pipelines or hazardous material storage, 1+ mile from highways, and 1.5+ miles away from railway lines.
Our Spring, TX location is outside of any subsurface fault areas.
Fully managed colocation, an evolution in the data center experience. No more shopping lists, trips to the data center, or migration headaches. Send us your hardware and we handle the rest.
A full-service datacenter offering that is the last step in bridging the gap between the cloud and the datacenter.
On-site Parts Room
TRG stores all equipment needed for rack and stack on site. Need anything from a server to a rack nut? We’ve got you covered.
With industry leading service and experience, we create solutions that solve your needs in an easy, fast and reliable way. Because colocation shouldn’t be a headache.
Always free cross connects.
Interconnect anywhere in the world with our world class providers for cheaper than any other carriers. Our experienced network concierges will recommend the best provider based on your needs from our multiple carriers.
TRG has achieved true fault tolerance by having fully physically isolated Meet Me Rooms with no common entry point.
If you’re a carrier that would like to work with us please fill out an interest form below.
Built and operated by an accredited tier designer certified by The Uptime Institute.
Chris Hinkle: Our Chief Un-datacenter Officer
Chris Hinkle has written the thesis on true fault tolerance in infrastructure, he’s moved beyond that and is now creating unforgettable experiences around autonomous delivery to align with your digital transformation objectives. Chris’ hobbies include summarily un-datacentering age-old assumptions of the traditional datacenter model. Chris is the world’s first 3rd generation datacenter operator. He is an Accredited Tier Designer from the Uptime Institute, one of three in Houston and the only affiliated with a colocation. At prior positions, he developed and ran the datacenter for 4 of the top 5 hospitals in the State of Georgia.
He has held prior research oriented positions working on Military/DoD applications at MIT Lincoln Laboratory, the birthplace of ARPANET. Chris is published in the areas of power systems and sensors. While at MIT, Chris was a member of the MITLL Energy Initiative, and also performed work on DHS security applications for Airport systems.
He obtained his BS Electrical Engineering from Virginia Tech, Magna Cum Laude, and his MBA from Emory University.